Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snowman Surprise

Anyone else out there having a hard time getting back in the swing of things after the holiday break?  Maybe it's the holiday break...maybe it's the full moon...maybe it's the many birthday treats we've had this week - who knows!  Whatever it is, I needed something to motivate my 2nd graders to work on their behavior...pronto!


I came up with this "Snowman Surprise" to help.  Each time the class is making good choices as a group, I'll ask a student to add another piece of our snowman.  When the whole snowman is put together, they will earn a Snowman Surprise!!  It will be things like a prize from the prize box, a day of comfy toes (everyone can work with their shoes off!), 5 minutes of extra recess time, etc!  


Wish me luck! :)





8 comments:

Hope King said...

So, SO cute! Great idea! I am voting for the full moon...and tomorrow is Friday the 13th! Maybe we should have a moment of prayer! Ha! Good luck!

Hope
www.shenanigansinsecond.blogspot.com

Emily said...

We started back on Tuesday and it has been eerily calm. I do not want to jinx anything, but I am happy!
Love the snowman idea. I would have to add some flip flops and sunglasses for here in Florida. =)

Emily
Sedcond Grade Silliness 

Cupcake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cupcake said...

Great idea!! I'll be *borrowing* it :)

Last year, toward the end of the year, we had to build a 10-scoop ice cream cone, for an ice cream party!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Heather's Heart said...

Cute idea! I am a new follower and would love for you to come visit me! I have TONS of *freebies* and you can read about our Penguin on the Shelf (like an Elf on the Shelf). He is helping with our good choices! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

vicky1970 said...

Hi amanda
cute blog, I just found you. You are over 100 followers! Come on over and visit me sometime.
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Emily said...

I am a new follower tons of cute ideas! I teach second grade as well. fisdmonstars.blogspot.com

Emily

Unknown said...

Research conducted by apprentice accommodation aggregation Sallie Mae shows that in 2010, about 5 percent of academy acceptance paid an boilerplate of added than $2,000 in charge and added educational costs application a acclaim agenda to abstain demography out apprentice loans. The aforementioned abstraction showed that 6 percent of parents acclimated acclaim cards to pay an boilerplate of about $5,000 in educational costs for their academy children. Is application acclaim cards a acute way to abstain academy accommodation debt?
Cash Advance